Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2023

PandaCat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • New Members

Hi PandaCat - I also applied for the one year program starting in September 2023 but am yet to receive the results! It's only two months out until I'm meant to leave and I haven't heard anything - followed up a number of times. Have you received you letter of recommendation yet?

• New Members
On 7/13/2023 at 1:09 PM, SenShan said:

Hi PandaCat - I also applied for the one year program starting in September 2023 but am yet to receive the results! It's only two months out until I'm meant to leave and I haven't heard anything - followed up a number of times. Have you received you letter of recommendation yet?

Hi, from all the people I have asked, no one has received the results yet and I have been told by the institution that it would be released in mid-July, so we should get the results soon

Hello guys @PandaCat @SenShan @randomusername!

I registered just to leave this comment. Where have you applied to? Where are you from?

I'm from Brazil and I have applied to Guangdong University of Foreign Studies. Brazilian applicants can barely get any sleep at this point.

@PandaCat care to share that facebook group you mentioned?

Good luck you all!

@daniloimparato Hi~ the group name is "Confucius Institute Scholarships 子学院奖学金 (cis)" 

I'm from Malaysia and I applied to Beijing Foreign Studies University. Do you happen to know how many brazilian applicants are there? Nice to see that you guys have each other.. I barely know any other from my country who applied ?

• New Members

@PandaCat I heard back from them via email too and they said the results would be released this week. Fingers Crossed the results come out tonight...I can't believe they have made us wait this long. School starts in 8 weeks and I haven't even booked a flight, let alone started to prepare to be away from home for a year.

Thanks for the group, @PandaCat!

Do you happen to know how many brazilian applicants are there?

I have been in either direct or indirect contact with at least 30 applicants. Most are applying to Wuhan, but some are applying to Beijing.

Just a moment ago (really!) the 6-month applicants received their results via email. They have gotten in! However, CLEC's platform hasn't updated yet.

• Like 1

My results came in a few moments ago. I received an email and the scholarship status has been updated on the platform.

This is the email:

你已经被广东外语外贸大学录取,并获得国际中文教师奖学金。请与广东外语外贸大学确认办理来华留学手续,按规定时间注册学籍后享受国际中文教师奖学金待遇。

Here is a screenshot of the last two status updates:

image.thumb.png.81b82a2dd0a5d8073e758119fe1a96b3.png

@daniloimparato Someone who had experienced obtaining the scholarship in previous years said that we need to wait a few days to be able to download the scholarship certificate. In the application website, the current blue ‘查看’ button should turn to ‘查看证书’。Then we can click on this button to download the certificate.

Yup my university has contacted me and informed that they're in the midst of preparing an electronic version of JW202 for visa application. 

@PandaCatThat is great! Yes, still waiting for the blue button to change.

Only 2 one-year applicants got the scholarship at my university (one being me). Harsh competition this year. What is driving me crazy is they have neither contacted me nor responded any of my attempts. The semester is about to start and I have yet to receive any guidance on the acceptance letter and plane tickets. Such a bummer.

Welcome to the forums everyone! I'm so glad to see that the scholarships are starting up again, after the silence during the years of covid measures.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:21 AM, daniloimparato said:

If you don't mind, I would love to talk with you over WeChat.

Please do keep the discussion here on the public forums, if you can. The questions and answers can be really useful for other prospective students, now and in the future.

• Like 1

Thanks @Lu! Really glad to be able to go to China in person again. Yeah the discussions in this forum in previous years really helped me understand the application process (and calmed my nerves when results took so long to be released ?

@daniloimparatoIt seems that this year only a small percentage (as of now) have received the scholarship.

• Like 1

• New Members

Congrats to all getting their confirmations!

I also got mine, but so far my Gov has only told me which Uni I'm going to, does anyone know from where will I be getting more details? From my Gov? The Chinese embassy? The Uni itself?

My status currently says 当前状态:已反馈至受理机构.

Which btw, is anyone unable to change the language of the scholarship's site? I was able to view everything in english before but I don't know why now everything is in chinese, even when I click english the language doesn't change.