Chinese-Forums

Least favorite character

Mai Kairong

This is a silly question, but hopefully an amusing one. What is your least favorite character to write? Mine is 關。 I know it's supposedly not a very complicated one, and certainly I know many characters with more strokes, but somehow 關 is always so awkward for me. So does anyone else have characters like that that they just hate to write?

I think I'll go with 实. When I'm hungover, or not, I still sometimes get it confused with 买. Plus, if your going to choose a character to hate, it might as well be from the "shi" axis of evil, if you ask me.

As for 家, I've always liked that character, remebering it as a dinosaur under a roof, making me think of the semi-popular Simpson's rip-off the Dinosaur's http://www.thalia.science.ru.nl/funpage/television/dinosaurs/

凸 and 凹 make perfect sense but they are a pest to write.

Another least-favourite of mine is 勤. Ugly, and I can never remember the pronounciation so I have to look it up every time I need to type it.

I think 凹 and 凸 make perfect sense.
凸 and 凹 make perfect sense but they are a pest to write.

Well, they do make "sense" in the fact that their meanings are easily determineable.

But What I meant to say is that they don't make sense as far as characters go. They are among a small class of "pictograph characters" which I don't like. MU4 (tree) is fine because it is a basic radical and doesn't really look like a tree. These things are obvious.

Plus they are a pain to write.