Chinese-Forums

Quality copy of “Journey to the West” on offer

Elizabeth_rb

Hi! Long time no post, sorry! Life gets in the way.....?

A Chinese student kindly gave us this beautiful copy of “Journey to the West” recently. It was a lovely gesture, but realistically, we're never going to read it.  Would you like it??

If so, please let me know. It's yours for the cost of getting it to you.

20230802_164818.jpg

20230802_164848.jpg

• Like 1

So nice of you to offer!  

I already have the book (a tatty 2vols paperback 1980's vintage, not as nice as yours but much loved), and I prefer to read on-screen these days.  西游记 means a lot to me.  Many years ago, Arthur Waley's abridged translation (Monkey) inspired me to start studying Chinese, it was love at first read.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:02 PM, Elizabeth_rb said:

If no one wants it

That's rather sad! Have you tried SACU (Society for Anglo-Chinese Understanding)? They probably know of schools that teach Chinese and could do with an extra copy, or might want to run a raffle. If absolutely nobody wants it, I can take it off your hands but it would feel like stealing as I'm happy reading it online.

Thanks, I can try them.

I seriously wouldn't consider it anything approaching stealing if you had it. The offer was 'free to a good home!' If you would actually like it, then please DM me!

@Elizabeth_rb , your embroidery is absolutely stunning! Your Painted Lady butterfly  ? is better than a photograph and the flowers look so fresh and real. Wow! Congratulations!!! (this from someone who was  expelled from sewing classes at 6 years old)