Chinese-Forums

New Radio Plays ICLP Audio

ChristianCC

Hi Everyone,

I have a copy of New Radio Plays by ICLP, I picked it up at a used bookstore for 50 NTD. However, there seems to be zero audio for this anywhere.
I went into Lucky Bookstore and they told me they havent sold the audio for years and they can't help, I've been to pretty much every used store in Taipei looking for this.
After emailing ICLP, they told me they only allow their students access to the audio. After some research in the book, the plays weren't even produced by them, only by Police Radio Broadcasts in Taipei in the 1980's. I tried contacting the current producers and was told they don't have access to them anymore.

I know once upon a time there was a CD sold, I'm wondering if anyone still has access to this and would be willing to share?

Thanks.

Be careful. I think there are multiple editions to this publication, and the audio may not be the same. I have seen versions with a blank white cover, and versions with a professionally produced commercial cover and the identical title. The ones with the commercial cover were sold openly without ICLP interference. I do not know if they are the same books, with identical content.

Just sayin'...

TBZ 

I haven't seen the Black and White version, mine is the 2000 "revised" version. However they still reference the audio was recorded from a Taiwanese Radio Broadcast, so I don't know if they were redone this.

Anyway here is the version I have:

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

I may have spoken about a completely different publication in error. The Internet shows a book called Mini (迷你 in the Chinese title) Radio Plays originating from the Mandarin Training Center, not ICLP.

My bad... Sorreee...

TBZ 

The title of the book I found on the Internet is 迷你广播据, although written in 繁体字... The English title is "Mini Radio Plays." (迷你 = Mini,  get it? ) And the cover seems to have microphones and such in the illustrations. It has "There is no English translation, only Chinese." prominently written in insulting letters across the cover.

Sorry if I got your hopes up...

TBZ 

I'm afraid I can't help with the audio for New Radio Plays by ICLP. But I do have 迷你廣播劇 mentioned by @TheBigZaboon. If you want to practise with radio plays, I can recommend it. It has short audio dramas and comes with a book and recordings. The book contains scripts, vocabulary lists, grammar points, exercises, etc. As for the recordings, the audio drama is given twice; first with sound effects (as you'd hear it on the radio); then without sound effects, and at a slightly slower speed. The vocabulary and grammar are also recorded. All in all, a good resource.

Worth pointing out that ICLP teach the Mini Radio Plays book, as well as the New Radio Plays book. The audio for the New Radio Plays, which I don't have, is fast and fuzzy and not particularly clear. I would strongly suggest using Mini Radio Plays if you want to go heavy on the audio side of things. But definitely worth learning and practising/internalising the grammar structures in New Radio Plays: well worth NTD50 for the book alone, you're not missing out by not having the audio in my opinion.

• 7 months later...