Chinese-Forums

Can someone confirm this symbol means chaos

Kingofswords

Based on what you said above, if I were you, I'd be very, very careful. More careful than you were in your other post about the wording of a tattoo. Take a closer look at the black screen you attached to your post. Anything catch your eye???

If you have someone ink something in a language you can't read, you'd better have a very strong level of confidence in the gang (of maybe four, at least) who have to help you get your ink...

Just sayin'...

TBZ 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the I Ching

Googling 屯 易经 gives this Baidupedia page https://baike.baidu.com/item/屯卦/8786587

Relevant passage:

此卦意在突出事物初生时的艰难之象,然而顺应时运突破艰难的万物必欣欣向荣

This hexagram means the appearance of difficulty in things when they arise, but things that follow fortune and break through the difficulties will thrive.

Nothing about chaos/混沌 in this article (it's a sound component in 沌, so no meaning connection).

In any case, without Baidupediaing it first, only I Ching nerds would know this type of thing. Most Chinese speakers would only know the meanings of village or to accumulate/hoard.

• Like 2