Chinese-Forums

Chinese Football (soccer)

Explore Chinese

Hi all,

I'm really into football (soccer) and am looking to get into Chinese football as a way to further immerse. Does anyone have any experience trying to watch Chinese sports from the west? I'm currently in the UK so looking for some websites to watch the football and / or native communities like fan clubs and such.

Any direction on where to start would be great!

Thanks.

• Good question! 1

Found this, though I think some broadcasts have been suspended

https://bestvpn.org/how-to-watch-the-chinese-super-league-from-anywhere/

Also, a few snippets from a site where you are in the UK

https://www.skysports.com/chinese-super-league

Interesting, especially as an Evertonian, seeing Fellaini with his haircut on that link too!

I sometimes listen to the Football Cafe/足球咖啡馆 podcast. The most difficult part is definitely player names. I start to feel that I'm getting the hang of them and then they throw a spanner in the works.

I'm in China and mostly watch the matches on Iqiyi, so I can't help you with watching them abroad. The commentary on the streams is quite good though.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:52 PM, Singe said:

Interesting, especially as an Evertonian, seeing Fellaini with his haircut on that link too!

A fellow toffee in the wild. I saw him playing at Chengdu a few months ago.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:53 AM, 杰娃娃 said:

A fellow toffee in the wild

Indeed, you'll find toffees in the least expected places (and your use of the word 'wild' is probably very appropriate). Actually, I don't know how much you follow it, but I was in the UK in May and managed to score a ticket for that desperate last game of the season against Bournemouth. An amazing atmosphere. It did get me thinking, I don't actually have a Chinese team to follow. If there's anyone on here who is passionate about Chinese football perhaps those of us who follow football can adopt a team to mutually follow? I currently liaise with a Wuhan guy and see there's a team in Wuhan in the Super League - might start with them.