Chinese-Forums

Sending my students ice cream

Pengyou

I am back in the US now for good - or bad...was a brutal transition after 22 years in the Middle Country.  I am trying to stay in touch with some students and would like to send them a Christmas present.  They all like ice cream, and all like McDonalds.  Is there a McD (or even DQ) website where I can buy each of them a sundae and send them a qr code via weixin?

Wishing you all of the best.

p

1. I am 63 years old...

2. My older brother passed away in December of 2021, leaving only my sister and I....

It was time.  I look to the future, in 2 or 3 years, when I hope to feel adjusted here, but it was a good step for family matters.

Sounds like it was time. Hope the transition proceeds smoothly. I spent about a dozen years in Kunming, came back to the US at the start of Covid, and still miss China a lot. 

Not sure how to send your students a voucher for individual ice cream presents, but if you have one trusted friend at the school you could 红包 him or her the total sum (using 微信) and let him or her be the "cashier" for a group trip to McD for an ice cream splurge.

• Like 1

It is the Chinese culture to respect teachers and education. Your students would want to send you gifts if they know how to do. Although I was not one of your students, I would like to buy you a sundae for your contribution to China. You can send me your address privately.

• Like 2

I am trying to stay in touch with some students and would like to send them a Christmas present.

Would it be possible for you to send the funds to one of your former colleagues and get him buy and distribute the gifts for you? That might be a simple way around it.

I'm sure you must be missing your students and colleagues, and they you, so it's a really lovely gesture to organize a little gift for them at Christmas. All the best with settling back in in the US. I hope you can enjoy some well-earned rest 老师!