Chinese-Forums

What does this say?

tomadom

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.  I didn't know where to post or who to ask.

I bought something online and the seller in China has told me that they will refund the item after a certain date.  They sent me this screenshot but it's in Chinese.

Would anybody be able to translate this for me and tell me what it says?  Thank you so much.

-877054427-625596309.jpg

该订单在2023-12-05 04:02之前处于纠纷保护期,如需退款,请引导买家通过纠纷退款

"This order will remain in the dispute protection period until 04:02, 05/12/2023. If you need to refund, please tell the buyer to go through 'refund dispute' channel"

Here's a machine translation:

"The order is in dispute protection period before May 12th, if you need to refund, please guide the buyer to refund through the dispute"

Its pseudo-legalese, don't ask me what a dispute protection period is, or what the refund dispute means.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both very much for replying.  It came from a seller on aliexpress who said they would refund me at the end of my protection period. I realised they were just going to disappear into the ether after the protection period was over.

Thanks to your help, both of you, I have now raised a dispute with the seller.