Chinese-Forums

Is it possible to get a scholarship without HSK?

esiesoleil

Hello everyone,  
I would like to enter a Chinese university on a scholarship, but unfortunately I missed the registration deadline for HSK. My unverified HSK is level 4, GPA is 4.9 for 10th grade and 5.0 for 11th grade (there is no 12th grade in my country), 2 recommendations, volunteering, and I have certificates from different programming courses from universities in different countries. What do you think are my chances of getting CSC if I don't consider top universities? Will it be possible to add HSK results later to the CSC scholarship in March? Or is it better to apply for provincial or Confucius Institute scholarships in March after passing HSK4/5? Thank you in advance for your answers and advice:)

First it is possible to get a scholarship without HSK. But you may need some digging to find the universities that provide a scholarship without HSK. I graduated from Henan University so I checked it's website and found this enrollment guide https://dwhy.henu.edu.cn/info/1254/3075.htm

The requirements are :

1.申请人须为非中国籍公民,身体健康;

2.申请人须为中国教育部认定的“一带一路”国家国籍;

3.学历和年龄要求:

来华攻读硕士学位者,须具有本科学位,原则上年龄不超过35岁;

来华攻读博士学位者,须具有硕士学位,原则上年龄不超过40岁;

4. 未同时获得其他各类奖学金。

No HSK mentioned, but this is for "Belt and Road" citizens so you might need to check whether it's a fit.

Here's another enrollment guide for "High level graduates" which required HSK but no need to be a "Belt and Road" citizen

https://dwhy.henu.edu.cn/info/1254/3069.htm

• Like 2