Chinese-Forums

Dictionary as an html offline application

dsx

Hi dsx! I'm sorry to say, your post looks highly suspicious in today's Internet world. I know it isn't because I did try the link (but strongly recommend people NOT to try any link posted in this way). Anyway, having risked my PCs health, I know the link is legit and may even lead to a very useful tool. 

Over to you now. Would you mind explaining what this link is? where it goes to? what is its purpose? How to use it? What do you want us to feeback? Is there a website with an explanation and illustrations? The more information you give, the better. Most of us have little experience of github, so try to be clear --- have you thought of using a friendly chatbot to help you produce a clear presentation of your product for us? 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Hello Luxi ! The best presentation is an intuitive html application interface (this has been the case since the inception of GUI)
Browser html applications are at the apogee of security among other types of software.
This is a non-commercial project of the html dictionary shell "DSX" + CEDICT.
In the near future, such shells for dictionaries will completely replace all existing ones, since there is no need to waste time on installation, and to use it, it is enough to have a browser on your device.

DSX - Dictionary Shell X is one of the few dictionary apps built more than half using artificial intelligence. Don't be surprised if this product seems flawless.

• New Members

https://github.com/ced-html/ced-html.github.io?tab=readme-ov-file

There is: rare search flexibility, the ability to voice content (select -> voice), create notes and others. Since this is a regular html file, no installation steps are required, just open it in your browser. Opening speed and search time directly depend on the speed of the hardware and browser version.

Tips for use:

• Double tap (click) on the input field text displays quick settings for selecting a scheme and search map;
  • If you use a server to open, make sure that serviceworker.js is installed correctly and that you have a valid SSL certificate - this will provide an offline dictionary cache, which will save traffic and speed up loading, and will also allow you to use desktop shortcuts for quick access;
  • Search schemes use regular expressions and JavaScript . Schemes can be divided into two groups - with and without an input point. You can use one of two input points - reg or txt . The reg insertion point does not escape regular expression special characters, the txt insertion point does. A search scheme without an insertion point works like a search query using the example of the preset " Combined characters " scheme.