Chinese-Forums

life conditions in Hunan province

inv

Hi, I took my passport but still the visa is not available. Here, I found this scholarship: CUCAS: Study in China | Apply China's Universities Online for Free  and it seems like suitable for me. I have some limitations such as:

1- I cannot eat / drink anything which are not halal (strict on this issue)

2-I spoke with my doctor (expert in psychiatry) and he said that short term programs would be suitable for me. I think at least try to take the required examination document would worth. 

it seems, I shall basically need  2000 RMB per month. (max, the predicted amount)

could someone mention on the life coditions in Hunan province please?

I am planning to offcially apply for medical examination by the last week of this month. 

I agree with the amount you mentioned above. I can't say too much specifically about living in Hunan. I think it will be similar to any experience I have had in China. The food is known to be very spicy with lots of varieties and there will be Muslim options everywhere. There was a flood a few years back. There is a stereotype that the people are gangsters. This stereotype is not true. The spoken language of Mandarin they speak is considered standard. I believe that is were Mao was born. I am not an expert nor a native Chinese. I'd like to visit Hunan. Enjoy China and please let us know how your experience is studying at a Chinese University. Many never give updates after.  

I live in north China. I have noticed that some restaurants in China has a label of '清真'. Does it mean the food is halal? It may be a good idea to search for the keyword '清真饭店' on the internet. 2000 yuan per month is enough in my city.

On 1/15/2024 at 12:21 PM, cncorrect said:

I have noticed that some restaurants in China has a label of '清真'. Does it mean the food is halal?

Yes, 清真 means the food is halal.

• Thanks 1