Chinese-Forums

Piano incident makes for great study material

suMMit

I have found this piano incident, to be such excellent listening practice. I have listened to all different viewpoints,  in English first and now moved on to Chinese. Plus reading Chinese comments on the wechat video channel videos. So much useful vocabulary and interesting language, cultural differences, and drama in this. I personally think both sides were a bit "d*ckish" for lack of a better word, 庸人自扰, but I'm more focused on just trying to understand the analysis in Chinese. This is probably the deepest I've got into a single news story because mainly my level is finally starting to make it accessible, but also because it's interesting, funny, plus it has the direct connection to Chinese and western culture differences. 

I'm on my phone right now and can't find the link to the YouTube channel I've been enjoying the most on this topic , but I'll post it later. 

But, here's another good one, it's a laowai, but his Chinese is excellent(my dream level):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDEC3_mjj0

On 1/29/2024 at 4:47 PM, Moshen said:

Well. Two obnoxious people very determined to continue their fight. Every time my sympathy started drifting to one of them, that side would say something needlessly belligerent again.