Chinese-Forums

Do humanities subjects in China require handwritting?

erdna

• New Members

Hello,

I am organising university exchange. My major is politics and I would like to study in China. I can read, listen and speak Chinese fine (hsk6-7), but cannot write a single character. Will Chinese universities that teach humanities subjects in Chinese have handwritten tasks or exams? If so its not a big deal as I can take english subjects, it's just that i'd rather use my Chinese at a tertiary level.

Thanks.

Well, how the exam is organised depends on professors. Generally in my university profs tend to choose paper-based exam if there is a final exam or quizzes. Yet for students in Division of Humanity or Division of Social Sciences, considerable(but not all) courses require thesis rather than a final exam. Nowadays profs prefer electronic documents more so as far as you can type in Chinese it'll be okay for you to handle with these theses. (Although academic Chinese is still a skill to be learnt if you want to do some academic writing in Chinese.)

• Like 1