Chinese-Forums

Server Speed

gougou

Is it just me, or is the connection to chinese-forums very slow today? Other pages in Europe load ok, but some threads here take exasperating times to load. Sometimes Firefox even reports that no connection could be established at all.

Why is that?

Are you online at home or work / uni? My guess is that you are having local ISP issues - I find company / institutional internet access in China quite often fails to load large chunks of the internet with any kind of success - I was in at one company earlier this week, and we could not get the sites we needed to work on to load. 10 minute walk to the local cafe, and we got through fine on their wireless connection.

Roddy

I'm at work, so maybe that's the reason. However, I didn't notice any other problems (except for one site I couldn't open at all, which my colleague in the room next to me (same network) had open... :roll: )

Maybe I was overreacting; first Wikipedia gone, then chinese-forums on the verge of disappearing, that's a heavy blow...

The connection still seems slower than I recall it to be (but then again, hours of studying hanzi have shown that my long term memory is not all that...), but somewhat faster than yesterday.

If nobody else has any problems, I guess I'll have to find a solution on my own. Thanks anyway!

Wikipedia gone

Wikipedia is such a good site. This is very annoying and unreasonable!!!!!!!:tong, I spent about a week's time cursing the f**king slow server speed of our school for stopping me from access to Wikipedia, but it turned out to be......:evil: