Chinese-Forums

Measure words

Desmond

Absolutely no need for any embarrassment in my view! That's the beauty of language and communication, you can have the same conversation over and over again, with the same or different people, and still enjoy it and take something new from it, something maybe you didn't notice or fully understand the first time round. You can read the same book or sing the same song more than once :-)

I always have a quick look to see if there's an existing thread in the forum and I often have a quick surf around the 'net, usually finding what I want, and then post anyway, just for fun, just as an excuse to have a chat :mrgreen: I'm sure that I learn more from posts that I've been involved in, compared to those that I simply read second-hand... woops, getting a bit off topic.....

Also have a look here Chinese measure word and here Yellowbridge, and this link has a useful (?) bit of advice about the measure word 個 (ge4 )The Chinese Outpost - btw - I see on amazon.com that Schaum's Outline of Chinese Grammar calls 'measure words' 'classifiers'.