Chinese-Forums

are you in wudaokou?

tatetate

Looking for fellow foreign students interested in Chinese LITERATURE, POETRY, PHILOSOPHY, CULTURE to baoming with me at a private school in Wudaokou. I already found a good, dedicated teacher and now I need to found more ppl to enroll with me in order to kai ban (minimum is 3 students or else the class doesn't start). The teacher is really good and understanding of different students' needs (often at the Korean schools the method is write on the board and skim through as much material as possible in a short period of time, but she's different). She is flexible about structuring a class according to students' requests and good at facilitating discussions. She is patient and enjoys teaching students with a true interest in the subject.

I intend the main focus of the class to be the texts we read, but I also hope that we can improve our level of Chinese along the way. I'd like to find two other students who have a good level of Chinese who are interested in getting a better understanding of China through readings and discussions. I intend for the material to be varied - including short stories, philosophy, newspaper articles - and for the class structure to be flexible - a good chance to straighten out the differences between close synonyms, polish our ability to converse about topics more advanced than what one encounters on an everyday basis in China. The teachers is willing to correct and to give advice on essays, but those of course would be optional.

Classes at the school cost 12/hour and classes are two hours per day, five days per week. The minimum baoming is two weeks at a time. The class will start as soon as there are enough students and after it starts I'm going to stop recruiting ppl so that the enrollment stays below 5. I'm hoping to schedule it for 8-10 AM, but if that doesn't work for anyone who is interested, I'd be willing to discuss it.