Chinese-Forums

langauge exchange with Taiwanese students

Sharon

My name is Shin-Chieh Hsieh (Sharon). I'm a research student from the University of Birmingham.

I'm currently conducting a research project which is about setting up email correspondence for British and Taiwanese students.

It’s a great opportunity for you to make Taiwanese friends and practice using the language with the native speakers of Chinese.

If you are currently learning Chinese (Mandarin) and would like to have the opportunity to know about Chinese language and culture, please do not hesitate to contact me at emailme2006@gmail.com.

I will email you the detailed information of the project.

Thank you so much for reading this message. 

Best wishes,

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

The purpose of the research is to investigate the cross-cultural communication between Taiwanese and British participants. It will be conducted via emails because your counterparts will be in Taiwan. You don't necessarily have to write in Chinese (Mandarin). You can write in English if you want to. Still, it's a great opportunity to ask some language and cultural questions since your epal will be native speakers of Chinese. The Taiwanese participants are all students from National Taiwan Normal University. I'm sure you'll be benefit a lot from our future teachers.

If you'd like to know more about project, please email me and I'll send the detailed information to you. emailme2006@gmail.com

Thank you again for your interest!

Sharon