Chinese-Forums

Beijing: Ok where do the little grease trucks go?

speedmonk

You know those nasty little grease trucks, and sometimes bikes, that scoot around the city?

I am really curious where that stuff ends up, I suppose in some chinese equivelant of a rendering plant....

The reason I ask is that the other day I saw one of them scooping something that made them very happy out of a sewer. Like they hit the motherload or something....

:shock:

I've seen them collecting slops from restaurants late at night, and was under the impression they were going to pig farms. Never seen them digging anything out of the sewers though. Sure they weren't emptying a cess pit?

Roddy

Roddy has been in the big city too long so he doesn't know about sewer sludge.

Yes, the sewers do get sludged up so the have to clean them out by hand. I see it all the time around here. They usually don't clean up too well afterward either, so you have to make a wide detour for a long time after the jobs been completed.

And I too would like to know where they take it now that you have brought up the question. Next time I see a crew doing it I'll ask, if I can suffer the stink.

There are the restaurant garbage collectors and the sewer sludge workers, but they both use similar trucks. Perhaps yours is neither. Why didn't you hang around to see what they found?