Chinese-Forums

A couple random song lines

TCcookie

Hi all. So, lately I have been learning some F.I.R. songs to help me learn some new vocabulary and just have some Chinese fun. All goes well, but I have a couple random lines I can't quite figure out with which I would really appreciate your help.

[From 万年之恋]

1) 竹林的灯火到过的沙漠 金色的国度不断飘逸风中 有一种神秘灰色的漩涡...

I think I understand the first line, but what is going on with the second one? "The golden state doesn't cut off the floating leisure wind?" Why the 中? 是什么在风中? I included the adjacent lines in case I'm missing something because of context.

2) 看不清的双手 一朵花传来谁经过的温柔...

I think I understand this one, but I want to make sure. Is the second line a 是...的 construction: (是)谁经过的温柔 - "Who has experienced affection?"

In my last two questions, although they're specific, they deal with a broader question I have. I notice that in pop songs, singers will string together syllables that look like they should form words, but they don't--according to my dictionary. The syllables "sound good" together, it seems, because they're similar, but what's going on... is the singer coining new words or what? Should I get a new dictionary?

3) 穿越千年的伤痛为求一个结果...

Hmm... the IME says that's a word; what does it mean? The aching of wounds?

4) 穿越千年的哀愁是你在劲头等我...

Hmm... once again the IME says it's a word--the anxiousness and worry that comes from sorrow?

Two more questions, from 把爱放开

5) ...回忆和我擦身而过带走你的爱河笑容...

"Memory scrapes by me...?" How does 而 work here?

6) 这次我决定走出回忆重来...

I understand this as "This time I've decided to leave memory comes again." I don't see how "memory coming again" relates to the first part of the line.

Thanks for your help in advance.

[From 万年之恋]

It's 千年之恋

1) 竹林的灯火到过的沙漠 金色的国度不断飘逸风中 有一种神秘灰色的漩涡...

I think I understand the first line, but what is going on with the second one? "The golden state doesn't cut off the floating leisure wind?" Why the 中? 是什么在风中? I included the adjacent lines in case I'm missing something because of context.

The 在 before 中 is ommitted.

(The desert is a) Golden Kingdom (which) continually(不断) floats in the wind.

2) 看不清的双手 一朵花传来谁经过的温柔...

I think I understand this one, but I want to make sure. Is the second line a 是...的 construction: (是)谁经过的温柔 - "Who has experienced affection?"

In my last two questions, although they're specific, they deal with a broader question I have. I notice that in pop songs, singers will string together syllables that look like they should form words, but they don't--according to my dictionary. The syllables "sound good" together, it seems, because they're similar, but what's going on... is the singer coining new words or what? Should I get a new dictionary?

I guess you can say it's a 是的 construction, but the way I understand it is that 一朵花传来温柔 is the main sentence. 传来什么温柔?传来一个经过这里的人的温柔。The use of 谁 here shows that passer is mysterious because "我在沙漠的迷雾中“。

Poetic license.

3) 穿越千年的伤痛为求一个结果...

Hmm... the IME says that's a word; what does it mean? The aching of wounds?

伤痛- Wound and Pain (could be emotional)

4) 穿越千年的哀愁是你在劲头等我...

Hmm... once again the IME says it's a word--the anxiousness and worry that comes from sorrow

哀愁 -sorrow and worry

5) ...回忆和我擦身而过带走你的爱笑容...

"Memory scrapes by me...?" How does 而 work here?

擦身而过 is a fixed expression,it means "[something] almost hits your body but misses by a small margin"

而 turns 擦身 into an adverb modifying 过(pass). Similar to 地

6) 这次我决定走出回忆重来...

I understand this as "This time I've decided to leave memory comes again." I don't see how "memory coming again" relates to the first part of the line.

This time I've decided to walk out from memory (put my memory behind/forget the past), and restart (my life) (start anew).