Chinese-Forums

Xiamen Short Term Language Course, Summer 2006

Guest jacek_pl

Dear All,

Hello, my name is Jacek. I'm 23 years old and live in Germany. I am planning to travel to Xiamen in mid-July 2006 to attend a 4-week language course until mid-August 2006.

If anyone is also interested in such a course or has an usefull information on Xiamen (is either in Xiamen or was in Xiamen) please reply.

I Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

J

Xiamen is a seaside city which is very neat, clean, quite beautiful and agreeable weather for the whole year around, located in South-east China. June to the middle of Aug. is summer in Xiamen...A little bit hot at that time...and you don't need bring a lot of thick clothes for the travelling...

It's quite comfortable to live there. People are friendly usually. The local dialect is Ninnan dialect and don't worry most of them can speak Mandarin. As one of most developed cities in China, more and more people can speak English there now. I hope you will not meet much language difficulty there.

And Xiamen University is one of the most prestigeous universities in China.

I think you will enjoy your study and life in Xiamen.

Any other questions about Xiamen?

Hope this helps..:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi,

1. Stephanhodges - Regarding the course details. I sent an email to the Xaimen Uni admissions office (admission@xmu.edu.cn) with a brief enquiry regarding the courses available. There were very professional and replied within the next few days.

I recieved 3 documents: 1) An enrollment form (describing the enrollment procedue - seems ok to me), 2) A course description with the various courses (including the short term course from mid-july to mid-August that i'm interested in), 3) An application form to fill in and fax/send back.

Send me an email and I can forward you the doc's if you wish.

2. FloraZheng - thank you for your desciption of Xiamen. I have also heard that it is a very nice city. Are there any students at the university during the summer months July-August?

3. Miriam - I have have recieved your email and will forward you the information I have recieved regarding the course so far. I hope to apply at the end of this year 2005 - awaiting approval for holidays from my boss ;-)

Let's keep this forum rolling,

Thank you for you inputs.

Jacek

• 1 year later...

hi jacek_pl,

I see this forum and notice that you went to Xiamen daxue.

Could you give me some review about the study, school, teacher and something else ?

I planning to study there in Sept this year, may be for 1 year.

My chinese level is beginner.

Thank you very much

best regard

cutetaiki