Chinese-Forums

video to soundfile

randall_flagg

Hi there!

This might not be the right forum to ask, but heck!, I'll ask anyway.

I have a few videos, like 小品 and stuff which I like watching for language purposes. Now, I would really love to just listen to the dialogues instead of having to watch the video at the same time. I want to put a few of the better ones on my mp3-player to listen to this stuff when I go jogging or when I commute. Is there an (easy) way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randall

Try a program called VirtualDub http://www.virtualdub.org/ . I have used it to get sound files from karaoke vcds and have been very happy with the program. It can't output mp3--at least not the version I have--but I'm sure that's no big deal as you can find many programs to do the conversion once you've taken the wav files.'

Oh, and it's free!

Like TCcookie said, there are probably lots of conversion programs. To convert wav to mp3 I use

CDex which you can get at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos

cdex can also take analog input. Another good one for that is Audacity which lets you edit the wav file.

sourceforge also has download links for virtualdub.

The stuff on sourceforge is open source so should be free of malware, spyware, etc.

if you type video sound into the sourceforge search tool, virtualdub shows up with lots of other stuff.