Chinese-Forums

Chinese people wanting to learn BLUES GUITAR? What is the interest level?

LittleBrother

Hi,

I am from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I play and teach acoustic guitar in the Country Blues, Blues and Ragtime styles. I have many free online videos and thousands of people studying with me around the world. I also sell a few lesson DVDs. I am very curious what the demand is for this type of skill in China. I would love to help more people learn this style of music and I believe there are many people that would be very interested. If so please visit and enjoy all the free material and videos on my personal website and feel free to contact me through there or here.

http://littlebrother.nlpd.com

If anyone has the web links to some good Chinese guitar forums that I may interface please let me know.

Thanks very much for your time,

Doug Jones aka Little Brother

It might interest you to know, Little Brother, that one of the most highly anticipated musical events in Beijng this month is the return visit (and concerts) by Nashville-based old time banjo player Abigail Washburn. Washburn, who sings some songs in Chinese, is visiting with her boyfriend, multi-Grammy winner Bela Fleck. In addition to playing several concerts, she'll also be teaching a master class at Beida, China's most prestigious university. When she played here last year, local musicians were blown away -- Mamuer, the leader of Iz, began banjo lesson shortly thereafter. If you'd like to know more, check out the article about Washburn in this month's that's Beijing which you can view online here (it's titled 'Return of the Traveling Daughter). http://www.thatsbj.com/blogging/blogs/index.php?cat=42