Chinese-Forums

Totem Wolf

Ian_Lee

Borrowed it from the East-Asian Museum Library in Stockholm, but I haven't really gotten into it yet. I have heard it's been really influential, and guess that's why I wanna give it one more try, but to be honest, the subject really doesn't interest me at all. It better be well written and easy to get into the second time.

But hey, I was the one who devoured The Satanic Verses on the 3rd try.

I’ve heard of the book from many places. No plan to read it though. Infusing more blood from “wolf heritage” is good. But if “praised among the officer corps of the People's Liberation Army”, it sounds a little used, and nationalism.

Putting it aside, I do feel very attracted by Mongolian culture. Among the minority cultures, Mongolia could be the closed one.

Lately I’ve been listening a CD of Zi Yue (Confucius Says), Volume Two. There is a song inside the album is Mongolian style, an imitation of Mongolian folksong. It grabbed my soul. The grassland!

敕勒川,阴山下,天似穹庐,笼盖四野。天苍苍,野茫茫,风吹草低现牛羊

I recommend this CD and songs by 腾格尔.