Chinese-Forums

Playing around in China? A survey.

billybot

What do you people do for fun in China? I know studying and working is a continuous blast, but what do you do for fun afterwards and on the weekends?

I remember when I was there basketball was always a favorite and a good way to meet Chinese people. Anyone else ball? Any other sports, organized or otherwise?

Anybody hike around Beijing or other places in China? Overnighters?

Bowl? Mahjong? Bike? Kites?

What do you do????

there are lotsa things u can do, the only real problem youre confronted with is which one to choose.

In my apartment complex in Beijing there is a swimmingpool, pooltables, tabletennis tables, tenniscourt in the yard, in school there are badminton, basketball and volleyboll courts. So sportwise there is alot to choose from, havent found any indoor climbing yet though.

Outside there is supposed to be mountainbike-trails and decent hiking trails. Karaoke, movies etc, so theres really not that much that I miss other than the ocean..... sailing.... diving... I try to get my needs fullfilled by the indoor swimmingpool but its just not tha same as swimming/diving in the ocean.

/karmakid

would anyone know where there is good mountain biking trails near TEDA in Tianjin? karmakid, where in beijing is there good mountain bike trails. just moved to china a month ago and totally new to the area and would love to find people to mountain bike with. still don't have a mountain bike though because i wouldn't know where to use it - yet. i bought an ordinary bike but it got stolen yesterday. anyway would you also know if there is a group playing underwater hockey in the teda/tianjin area? would anyone know of mountaineering groups as well? thanks a bunch : )