Chinese-Forums

Perhaps Love 如果。愛

skylee

• 5 weeks later...

Listen to Korean actor Ji Jin Hee (池珍熙) [... & company ...] sing one of the songs called 美麗故事 (beautiful story) (I think it is 金城武's voice at the end)

Lyrics ->

他曾經有一個愛情故事

少年時情濃時

說來也甜蜜

他們曾是一對青梅竹馬

男的歡女的愛

好令人妒忌

然後女主角遺失了回憶

開頭是難忘

結局是忘記

失去的多迴腸蕩氣

記不記得也是福氣

男的擁有美麗回憶

那女的幸福在不懂歎息

他曾經有一個傷感故事

得不到大團圓

才死心塌地

火熱的愛情只出於暫時

又何必固執於偶然的事

忘了吧忘了吧愛情故事

不如醉生夢死一無所知

再提起再提起無補於事

知道了又怎樣重新開始

我曾經有一個愛情故事

我開始懷疑它是否真實

Wow! The lyrics do tell something, don't they? It's so bitterlly to the point....ㄧ針見血 (yi4 zheng1 jian4 xie3). Love, like everything else, will change, just as Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote in his Mutability that "Nought may endure but Mutability."

今天看了,挺不錯。可是每個人都不停地把"愛"字掛在口邊,有點膩。

金城武非常美麗,歌也唱得不錯 (大多數人大概都忘記了他本來是唱歌的)。為了看他,可能會再多看一次。 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this film twice and I still like it. I may watch it again.

About Kaneshiro's beauty ("handsome"/"good looking" are not enough) ->

5、首先说明:我是一个标准的异性恋者。但是,之于金城武,“Said He Beautiful But I Lied”,言其俊美并不能尽我之意。英美之气自大屏幕上直直的压将出来,令人窒息。十字街头,吟唱“这世界本邋遢/还有什么可怕/爽不爽一刹那/天堂地狱一家”,目光坚毅而悲痛,连我都鼻子根儿一酸,险些掉下泪来。小丫头们早就不行了吧?

source

:D

• 2 months later...

Also just watched the DVD.

The problem of the movie is the actress -- Zhou Xun is not that convincingly attractive/beautiful to overwhelm Kaneshiro and Cheung. I don't know why Director Chan made Zhou Xun look so ugly in this movie especially the sex scene with Kaneshiro (my wife and I came to the consensus that Kaneshiro is more beautiful than Zhou).

However, all three actors performed their best. Just wonder if 池珍熙 sang all those Mandarin songs and if Kaneshiro spoke those Cantonese dialog (a question I want to ask a long time ago)?

• 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread because I just watched this movie (finally).

An odd movie, I think. It's nice that someone attempted to make a Chinese musical, and the attempt wasn't half bad. Except most of the singing was weak, just weak. I almost stopped watching at the very first scene. Almost everything was lip-synched, and badly: hardly anyone moved their lips in line with the lyrics of whatever song they were singing. Might be their fault, might be bad sound-editing, but it's bad. Especially in a musical.

(I think that Ji Jin Hee had his dialogue dubbed, but sang his own songs. Judging from the pronounciation.)

The story was a bit odd, but interesting enough, just not told very compelling. Jin Chengwu's character was actually very weird, when you think about it: for ten years -- ten years! -- he's obsessed with this woman, and when he finally gets her back he dumps her, only to run back after all. Weird. (As to why he fell for her when they were both poor and ugly: well, she wasn't actually ugly, even with that hairdo, and it's not like there was any other woman he would have been able to date.)

The casting was good. Jin Chengwu is just beautiful, Zhou Xun is one of the few young female mingxing that I don't find annoying. Ji Jin Hee seems to have been dragged into it, imo nobody would have missed his character if it hadn't been there. And Zhang Xueyou turns out to have a great voice, really powerful. I never knew that, I've heard a few of his songs but I was never very impressed. If anyone can recommend a song where he sounds as good as in this musical, I'd love to hear it.

This is amusing.
I can see you'd feel that way, you've probably been listening to him for all of your life and always knew this :-) But seriously, can you recommend a song?

Similar anecdote: I was watching Taiwanese tv and came across a show that is so utterly inane that I can never manage to watch more than ten seconds. But this time, they had a woman singing a Sheryl Crow song, and she was singing it really well, so I kept watching to listen. I thought: Wow, this woman can sing really well, she has a great voice. I watched a bit more and thought: She looks like A-mei. I watched still a bit more and thought: Wait a second, that is A-mei! I have one or two of her cd's and never knew she could sing that well. I blame the Chinese music industry, that has people with good voices sing stupid songs.

I known this movie wont be good when I saw all these HK stars name. Their mandarin just ruined everything.

Zhang Xueyou turns out to have a great voice, really powerful.

Zhang xueyou 's dialogue is dubbed, the accent is very "northern"

I was watching Taiwanese tv and came across a show that is so utterly inane that I can never manage to watch more than ten seconds

what show is it?

There's two shows, both on Channel V (or else MTV). I think one is called 模范棒棒糖, the other 黑社会, or something. I don't know which one it was, like I said, I never watched more than 10 seconds of either.

Zhang Xueyou 's dialogue is dubbed, the accent is very "northern"
Surely his singing isn't dubbed? If it is, I'd like to know who did his singing.

Surely his singing isn't dubbed? If it is, I'd like to know who did his singing

No, that's Jacky singing.

From the Variety review:

Mainland star Zhou ("Suzhou River," "Baober in Love") is especially good as the pixie-like Sun, nicknamed "Monkey." The film benefits from casting leads who are singers as well as thesps. Though he's dubbed into Mandarin for his dialogue scenes, Hong Kong's Cheung sings robustly in his "Phantom"-like musical numbers -- more so than Kaneshiro, who's the weakest of the three vocally. Comedians Eric Tsang and Sandra Ng cameo as hardnosed H.K. exec producers.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117928184.html?categoryid=31&cs=1