Chinese-Forums

Studying at Zhongshan Zhuhai Campus

galen86

I am looking to take some short term Mandarin courses next summer at Zhongshan University, but I have no desire to be stuck in Guangzhou during the summer. I noticed that Zhongshan Uni has a Zhuhai campus. They suggest on their website that there are foreign students living on that campus, but there is no foreign students dormitory. Can anyone confirm that there are indeed mandarin classes offered there? Also, does anyone have any general feelings about the quality of life in Zhuhai? I'm looking for a place with a nice big campus in an un-polluted environment, where I can meet lots of Chinese students and stay mostly clear of the expat lifestyle. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or observations.

-Galen

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you are opposed to studing in Guangzhou. Zhuhai, as a consequence of being one of the original 4 SEZs, is fairly well industrialized and caters to foreigners, although in this case they would be businessmen from Macao most likely.