Chinese-Forums

College in Yunnan or Beijing

robinpe

I'm currently applying to undergraduate programs, and strongly considering several Chinese schools (four years, not just a language program), including Beida, Qinghua, and the Central Academy of Fine Arts. These schools all accept foreign students at a very high rate. I have transcripts and HSK scores good enough that getting in and funding shouldn't be a problem. What I'm curious about is, when should I go about applying for these programs? In most places, applications aren't due until May, whereas they're due in November and January for American schools. Would it be safe to turn down any offers from American schools, assuming I can get into Chinese schools later?

In addition, I'm particularly intrigued by the "‰]“ì‘åŠw—·Ÿà•¶‰»Šw‰@", or the Yunnan College Academy of Tourism and Culture at Lijiang. They seem to have an interesting program in art, culture, and tourism, which I think sounds fascinating. I can't find anything about international students, although I know YunDa does generally accept foreign students. Has anyone had any experience with this college? Is it worth applying to? If so, do you have names of anyone with whom I could get in touch, even at the main campus of YunDa? Thanks for your help.

Robin