Chinese-Forums

Awesome free learning material, potential ethical issue.. Roddy?

necroflux

I like to try to mix things up as well as I can in my learning, and I've recently discovered that games in chinese (RPG's so far) are an excellent way to learn to read chinese and keep the interest level high. So I've spent the last week scouring the net for games (in my case 繁體子, games in traditional chinese) and have come across quite the treasure trove in the form of these things called "bittorrent downloads".. you just click this file and magically a game downloads to your computer from other nice people's computers! (Some games unfortunately require a number of copy-protection bypass measures before they can be played).

A lot of games aren't very conducive to learning, but I have found a couple that really are - and IMO any way you can add a sense of accomplishment (even that of a computer game) to the learning process helps a TON.

So the question is Roddy can I post links to some of these magic torrent files for the learning benefit of all? :)

If not, I highly suggest those of you at an intermediate level go out and find some of these games, buy them if you have access.

They're definitely out there, and as a matter of fact if Roddy allows link posting to these files I was going to organize them into simplified vs. traditional as I (and others) find them.

If all else fails, one need only look up "繁體 遊戲 torrent" in google (or 簡體 for simplified) and you'll get a bunch of listings of chinese torrent sites, within which you should be able to find entire sections of torrent listings for games.

I tried to find free games, flash type stuff, but wasn't very successful. Oh well, this is more fun anyway.