Chinese-Forums

Attitude...

笨笨德

Evening all,

I just had one of those days, when I had problems correctly forming simple sentences, or fully comprehending simple requests; Im talking about stuff I already know well. I still find this rather disheartening, even after studying for a year now. I know its all just part of the learning process, and probably just a temporal attitude problem but tonight, I will probably sit pouring over my text books and annoying my friends with queries, trying to correct every mistake I made today...

Anyway I just wondered what you guys do to keep up your enthusiasm when you have one of these days...

I keep my enthusiasm level up by just looking for new materials to study from.. I've been at it for a year now myself and I know how you feel, it's tough. Sometimes I feel like I've learned a ton and sometimes I feel like I've learned nothing.. Usually the latter occurs when I try to read a Web site and still can't tell what the hell is going on. So I take a deep breath, find something of interest that I can learn from, and go at it. That and I remind myself of how much better my experience staying in Taiwan will be with more knowledge - every new character I learn is potential gained for new insight into that culture, and ultimately a better overall experience. I suppose that applies whether or not you plan on ever going to Asia (though I can't imagine why would one learn Chinese and never go).