Chinese-Forums

Which OS is the most popular in China?

Mario

Windows, and probably WIn 98, I haven't seen much Win XP.

ya, in HK a lot of people are still using Windows 98.

Linux is gaining popularity in mainland China as programmers worldwide are finding ways to make Linux easier to use and install. China is strongly in support of Linux because it relieves dependence on an American company (Microsoft).

Also, Linux more stable than Windows.

and free.

I use Windows XP (shame on me...) because I'm unable to use linux, but everybody around me (informaticians, I recognise) are using linux. (linux very popular because of what have been said before)

Anyway, I have no clue of what is used in the common chinese family who have the computer equipment...

Windows' date=' and probably WIn 98' date=' I haven't seen much Win XP.[/quote'']

ya, in HK a lot of people are still using Windows 98.

I don't have the statistics, but most of my friends are using Win XP indeed.

:) my friends still have the cheap boom boom Tiny PCs from 1997, so they cannot run XP yet... hehe..

I use Windows XP (shame on me...) because I'm unable to use linux' date=' but everybody around me (informaticians, I recognise) are using linux. (linux very popular because of what have been said before)

Anyway, I have no clue of what is used in the common chinese family who have the computer equipment...[/quote']

i'm also curious about what the common chinese family is using. some people refuse to touch a PC, some are slowly using it for stuff like financial stuff and tracing family roots...

this was a very good question...

• 1 month later...

The most os is windows, In the 网吧(i am sorry i am a chinese and my English is not the best, i don't know how to talk about this? It means a room can offer some pc to surf the internet) the most is windows 98, and in china the linux is only a little programer user it.

The most os is windows, In the 网吧(i am sorry i am a chinese and my English is not the best, i don't know how to talk about this? It means a room can offer some pc to surf the internet) the most is windows 98, and in china the linux is only a little programer user it.

yong yingwen tan hua yong zhongwen tan hua.

zai zher dou keyi. ^_^

do you have fewer Internet cafe now?