Chinese-Forums

Ep 11 plot and pillow talk vocab

randall_flagg

OK, this was the funniest episode ever!

I know, I know, a lot of bad things happened as well, but this one was pretty good. Let’s just call it the “pillow talk episode.”

The episode starts right where we left off: Juanzi and Xiaofeng are just about to meet, and Jianping hasn’t had a chance to explain himself to Juanzi.

- Juanzi meets Xiaofeng and convinces her that it was in fact her who sent the text message to Jianping (the one that Jianping had called a 黄色 text message earlier)

(Someone in this forum recently asked for ways to say that you’ll take care of cheque in a restaurant). Xiaofeng says一起算 .

Juanzi also reeds out a funny message she has on her cell phone:

米的妈妈是谁? 是花。 因为花生米

米的爸爸是谁?是蝶。 因为蝶恋花。

米的老婆是谁?是妙笔。 因为妙笔生花。(I don’t understand this one. What’s 妙笔)

米的老公是谁?是爆米花。 又抱过米又抱过花。(What’s 抱 mean in this context? This doesn’t make any sense to stupid Randall)

- too cut a long story short: Xiaofeng continues to believe that Jianping has an affair. She call’s all of his colleagues at work and is more annoying than she’s ever been (which is kind of hard to top). Xiaofeng and Juanzi become good friends, and Juanzi gives Xiaofeng some advice how to spice up her and Jianping’s sex life. Like I said, this episode is really interesting, I would have never thought to use the word 主动 in such a way.  Because I assume that everybody else is intersted in the dirty details, here goes: Xiaofeng: 建平已经很长时间没这方面要求了.

- Juanzi tells Xiaofeng to buy some sexy underwear 内衣. She then tries to seduce her husband, but he is tired and doesn’t want to. She is, understandably, very disappointed and feels rejected. But he explains that he’s not 18 anymore …

- Might this be the perfect solution for Jianping? If Xiaofeng buys that he’s really impotent, she would have no more reason to be jealous. (Also, Jianping wouldn’t have to sleep with her anymore….he obviously loathes doing that).

- We get to see hear some interesting vocabulary in this episode and the next (12). I watched everything in one go, so beware: the list of words to follow is from episodes 11 AND 12:

性无能[-無-] xìngwúnéng n. (sexual) impotence

弄疯 drive so crazy (sexually)

内衣[內-] nèiyī n. underwear

透明内衣 see-through underwear

性幻想 sexual fantasy

建平去看医生的时候,医生问建平有什么问题〉 是不举了吧?

激素 jīsù n. hormone 激素水平 hormone level

怕当和尚 ….fears that he’ll spent the rest of his live like a monk

Say, do you think this degree openes is normal for Chinese TV? I was totally surprised when I was how explicit it was. What time of the day was the aired in China?