Chinese-Forums

I need a good Cantonese software course.

Alaundo

Hi, i'm new here, i'm a boy from Belgium and i have have 2 chinese friends who speak Cantonese. Now i wanna learn it as well, i need a very good Cantonese software course. Can someone give me any links to to the good ones. I think i'd need speak recognition or something, so it can help my pronouniation.

Also one other question: Chinese seems to be the language of the future, i hear it all the time, it drives me nuts as they never say if it's Mandarin or Cantonese. I'm sure you guys/girls can tell.

Thanks in advance.

When they say Chinese is the language of the future they mean Mandarin, not Cantonese, but I think Cantonese sounds so fun - I wish I had time to learn it. I think it could be useful to learn as well since there are a lot of speakers, not as nearly as many as Mandarin, but in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, some of the major financial districts of China it's the main language. Then again, most people in those places can understand Mandarin,as can people all over China.

So it's better to learn Mandarin then Cantonese i guess, it sounds more useful.

Well i know of a very good Mandarin software course "Tell Me More: Mandarin", it gets very high reviews. But i can't find any good Cantonese software course, i need one with voice recognition but i can't afford Rosetta Stone.