Chinese-Forums

Cinema in Beijng

rmdavis82

I'm looking for a cinema in Beijing where I can see the new Harry Potter movie. I would like to see it in English (audio) with Chinese subtitles. Is this possible? Does anyone know where I could go and how much a ticket would cost?

Thanks!

We went to see it over the weekend at the UME in Haidian.

Their website (including an English table of today's & tomorrow's showtimes): http://www.bjume.com/

The theater is near the northwest corner of the 3rd ring road (on the north side of the road), a few blocks west of the Dazhongsi light rail station and near the Renmindaxue bus stop. They're showing both a subtitled version and a dubbed version, and tickets were around 70 kuai.

I've heard the Capital Times Cinema is also showing it.

This is their listing on the City Weekend website.

If you aren't out in Haidian, then the easiest to find is probably the cinema in the basement of the Xindongfang shopping center (I think that's its name, it's the one attached to Wangfujing Subway) at Wangfujing. About 70Y per ticket as well.

Roddy

We went to the one down in Oriental Plaza (Xindongfang shopping center) at Wangfujing. It was quite nice. Sound is realy good but the Cinemas are quite small so be sure to be there on time to get tickets, we went on a saturday and had to get tickets for 3 hours later, cause it was nearly sold out. If you have a Student ID you get the tickets for 50 instead of 70.

Best regards,

Puja

That's very expensive.

I agree. I only go to the cinema for screenings that charge HKD30-35 per head (concession tickets for early morning shows during weekend). But I see at least one film per week so cost-cutting is necessary. :wink: