Chinese-Forums

Postman in The Mountains - 那山那人那狗

roddy

Anyone ever seen this? I got it today, but not sure when I'll have time to watch it. The back cover, roughly translated says

Village postman, about to retire, delivered a lifetime of letters in the distant mountains of Hunan. His sons going to take on the job, but the old guy doesn't reckon he'll do a good job of it so he takes him on a tour of the mountains, lots of beautiful scenery, son realises the hardship and meaningfullness of his dad's life, dad realises son isn't all bad and then Shu Qi and Zhao Wei turn up and start doing some high kicking through the tall mountains.

Roddy

PS Can you tell which bit I made up?

• 2 weeks later...

Quest, I haven't seen that film. Should I? Pazu, I got the director's cut special edition double DVD edition with cast commentary and extended scenes. What happens is, the villagers are being attacked by bandits (Misses Shu and Zhao) and the postmen fight them off.

Actually that's all a lie. Two men walk through mountains and deliver letters. Film ends. Oh, and there's a dog, and some nice scenery. Recommended for anyone who doesn't want to risk being frightened by any action. Or quick movements. Although the dog jumps about a bit at one point. I suggest you watch this instead. Much more exciting, and it's got a cat instead of a dog.

Roddy