Chinese-Forums

translation/editing/polishing work in Beijing...多少钱?

Panglei

Greetings,

I'm new to Beijing and am currently looking for work in the Chinese-English translation or English editing/polishing field. Would anyone with any experience in this field be able to give me some idea of the current market rates.

I am just starting out at doing this professionally and although I have quite a bit of volunteer experience and my Chinese is ok:-? (HSK 8级) I'm not your top of the line translator. All the same if there is anyone else out there with similar skills but more in the way of experience; some info regarding what is a decent rate per 1000 characters would be greatly appreciated.

If any has experience working for a translation company on a full time basis, would you be able a 大概 in regards to monthly salary?

Many thanks

P

I remember more than 6 years ago, our company asked some part-time staffs to translate articles, the unit price as follows:

from English to Chinese: RMB 60 yuan per 1000 chinese characters (including punctuation)

from Chinese to English: RMB 80 yuan per 1000 chinese characters (including punctuation)

But i don't know the price nowadays.