Chinese-Forums

Tencent ICQ

Guest WenZhen

Hello!

I have a problem with Tencent ICQ :oops:

I have installed the english OICQ on my computer, but the chinese characters of the message all stick together, so I can't read them.

I have a german windows, and NJStar, so I can write chinese, but also when I write in OICQ they stick closely together. When I write in Word, everything is ok.

Somebody know why ? :oops:

Thanks,

Wen Zhen

Word and OICQ use different code bases. Microsoft products like WORD are usually very language-friendly. Software made in China is usually localized specifically for Chinese versions of the operating systems. In fact, since Chinese software has no international market, most Chinese programmers are not aware of or do not care whether their products run well on other language versions. Are you running on WinXP? If you use ME or 98, you might need to find another Chinese viewer other than NJStar.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Tencent web can help you.

http://www.tencent.com/english/

you said "I have installed the english OICQ on my computer, but the chinese characters of the message all stick together, so I can't read them. "

That chinese characters of the message is tencent`s adverisiment.

and this message is chinese characters.no one can refuse it.you can closed it.