Chinese-Forums

Ep 16 plot

roddy

Star of this episode has to be the girl Dongbei meets in the bar, 绝望的生鱼片 (note: it's not, as far as I know, normal to introduce yourself by your 网名 in China). There's some very cool back and forth between her and Dongbei on the nature of love and lust and so forth, and it's nice to see him and later Jianping run into a woman they aren't trying to mollify / decieve / pay for sex (although Dongbei has a shot). I hope we see a bit more of her.

There wasn't actually a great deal happening in terms of plot with this one. The main thing is that Sashimi in Despair has suggested 'helping' Xiaofeng find an online lover so she will relax her grip on Jianping. Fair enough, but then Dongbei, bless him, decides that the online lover should be . . . him. Quite how this guy can hold down a job that pays for that apartment, the car and the Sony Vaio, I have no idea.

In other developments, Xiaofeng is preventing Dangdang playing with Niuniu. Boo! Boo! Xiaoli arranges to meet Jianping to discuss this. Dangdang tells his grandparents (NB: Let's not forget the truth about Xiaofeng's parents is yet to come out, if it will) he wants to live with them because his mum and dad are always fighting.

EDIT: And ARGH, I've just realized I only downloaded to episode 16. Guess I'll just have to wait a while . . .