Chinese-Forums

Going back to china.. visas (or self study trip visa)

deterius

I've already been in china for 6 months, my school(beijing university) got me a F visa for 3 months. I renewed it before, to continue studing in china for an additional 3 months.

Now, im going to be in the USA for 6 months, but I want to return and just self study at WuDaoKou's diqiucun language school, and work on the side. Since I already have an F visa in my passport, can I renew ir again? Or do you think my new school can get me a F visa?

(its a small language school and im not sure if they can get me an F visa, thats why im asking, im sure they can get me a study visa, but I want to work too.)

What can I do?

If you're going to be out of the country for 6 months you'll need to get a new visa to come back (unless you have a 12 month multiple entry visa, which i don't think you do).

Diqiucun has a visa desk at reception, and I'd guess they can at least advise you on how to get the visa you need. I'd drop in before you leave the country though, will be much easier to get answers in person.

Roddy

When I was here 3 years ago, Diqiucun used to do F visas then, but they were quite expensive - as well as a fairly hefty visa fee they charged, you also had to pay the school fees up front for the length of time that you wanted the visa to be for.

I got them to extend mine for 3 months once, then the second time around I realised it was cheaper to get one of those slightly suspect agencies to do it for me. This time around I arrived via Hong Kong and got a 12-month multi entry there - much easier, although I hear they are giving US citizens a bit of grief there these days.