Chinese-Forums

Chinese Sci-Fi

Zhende ma?

I really like science fiction and so I naturally am trying to plough through some Chinese sci-fi now I think I know enough. Here are some leads to start for others who are interested:

One of China's biggest SF writers, Wu Yan (吴岩) has a good website of SF info and resources at www.wuyancentral.com

If you want to read some free online SF and fantasy, from professional writers to fan fiction, go to 幻剑书盟 at http://www.hjsm.net/. Some good stories on there and they get rated as well.

There is also www.chinasf.com which seems like a good site though I haven't gone through it much

As for film, I can't recommend anything since I haven't seen much pure Chinese SF on film. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, there is only one web site on Chinese SF in english: Chinese Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Unfortunately, it seems that this site isn't updated anymore since spring 2005.

Some more interesting sites in Chinese:

History of Chinese SF:

晚清科幻小說研究 (1904-1911)

科幻纵览 (See chap. 42-53)

SF Criticisms

科幻理论网

科幻桃花源

Home pages of some famous SF writers:

Han Song 韩松

Wang Jinkang 王晋康

Xing He 星河

SF Mags:

SF World 科幻世界

Article on new Chinese SF Mags (www.danwei.org)

To my knowledge, the only SF films made to date in mainland China have been Death Ray on a Coral Island (Shanhudao shang de siguang; 1980) and Thunderbolt Baby (Pili Beibei; 1987). I also read in this article that SF writer Zheng Jun 郑军 is planning to adapt one of his novels for the screen. But I don't think it has been released yet (and I'm not shure it ever will...)