Chinese-Forums

Winter sports on TV

nordvind

Hello,

I'm an European guy living in North of Beijing now, I'm a big fan of winter sports and so here I need a little help from you -

I'd like to know whether Chinese TV channels show winter sports or not ? For example cross country skiing, alpine skiing, ski jumping or biathlon World Cup events. I tried to check out some websites of Chinese sports channels, but my Chinese is very-very poor as yet...

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Elena.

My friend sent me 2 VHS tapes with full coverage of this years ski jumping 4 Hills Tournament competitions and even some qualification actions were added as well.

If somebody's interested and has a VHS player for watching, I can loan my tapes.

I'm very glad that Japan's 35-years old veteran eagle Takanobu Okabe is back with good results during current season after many disappointing years.

Regarding Chinese ski jumpers, if I remember it correctly the Chinese Ski Jumping Team has head coach from Austria and a guy named Tian Zhandong has made a couple of Top 30 finishes at World Cup individual competitions, probably including first ever Top 30 finish in Chinese ski jumping history.

If somebody is interested, here I have got some more action on DVDR - cross country competitions from Estonia's Otepae at Jan 7th-8th, both ordinary and sprint events.

I hope that CCTV - 5 will show nordic ski actions from Turin Winter Olympics.

• 2 weeks later...

seems like there will be a lot of coverage according to the link below, i'm particulary interested in the ice hockey tournament so hoping to see at least some of the games. also, wouldn't surprise me if some foreign-run bars or restaurants show games, but then of course there is the timezone problem when watching live...

http://www.olympic.org/uk/news/media_centre/press_release_uk.asp?id=1614