Chinese-Forums

GCSE Chinese Papers

45rob54

Does anyone know where I can order past exam papers for chinese? I'll be taking a GCSE in chinese in a few months but I've got no idea what the exam's gonna be like, so I need some mock papers to do. Preferably a GCSE paper, but any other equivalent level exam.

感谢

Assuming (ok, maybe a big assumption, but you did say GCSE) you're in the UK, just get in touch with the relevant exam board and ask for past papers. They'll charge for this, but it's not expensive. Or, if you're at school, just ask them.

There is only one GCSE Chinese as far as I know, and the exam board is Edexcel. You can order stuff from their website here...

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/gcse/mfl/gcse/1666/ri/pub/

There are four papers to the exam, but 2 is the speaking test. Make sure you get the cassette to go with paper 1 (listening).

You can also download some stuff here, including the examiner's report - you will want this to go with the question papers since it includes the answers and the principal examiner's comments on how candidates did in the actual exam.

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/gcse/mfl/gcse/1666/

If you have any questions, just ask. I happen to work for them!

Jo

• 4 years later...

hi there, thanks for information online. are you still working for them?

when i register online to have access to MP3 secure contents, it says 'Please note, you cannot register online to access secure content on the website or the Edexcel Community. ..'

as parents to a student who is going to take GCSE Chinese in a month, is there any way i can register online? or i have to go through her Chinese school while i don't think the weekend school registered with edexcel...

look forward to your kind reply soon. many thanks

I took the Edexcel GCSE Chinese in summer 2008. I was doing this as an adult,not attending any classes anywhere, and I had no problem getting the past papers from the Edexcel website - registering in my own name, etc. You pay, if I remember rightly, and then that lets you download them.

Check whether the candidate is entered for 3-skills or 4-skills - there are two options. I took the exam at a centre where they could not make provisions for the speaking test, so I only took the 3-skills option. You don't want to pay for materials for the speaking test if the candidate is only taking the 3-skills option.