Chinese-Forums

Free Chinese study software!

mandarinboy

We have now released our Chinese Homework trainer, full version, for free. It has features for printing, testing, maintaining study lists, talking dictionary and much more. The reason is some personal issues forcing me to spend less time with my companies. Due to this I can not offer 7 days a week support and this forced me to choose to put it in a drawer or to hand it out for free. Since it might help others to learn Chinese faster I choose to continue to host it but not charge for it. We are accepting donations if people like it to help us continue to develop it and pay for bandwidth, hosting etc. Feel free to give it a try:

http://www.euroasiasoftware.com/ht/index.html

Thank you! Another great tool!

Thank you for sharing. I am glad you willing; I know others would not do this if they couldn't make money. Hope your business can be resurrected in the future. What goes around, comes around. Bless you.

It seems that the http://www.mandarinteacher.com/ where the actual download is located is blocked from here.

Is the whole site, www.mandarinteacher.com blocked? I had to move the download ( we have more than 500 Gb/day downloaded from our server and i can't afford that on www.euroasiasoftware.com. The download server is hosted on my business line at home while euroasiasoftware is hosted at a web hotel.

I have tested the site from EE and USA and it seems to work but i guess that ihave to contact my friends in China to test that as well.

Yes, whole thing blocked. Ano n y m i z e r won't support large downloads from behind the wallrus. I have other ways, but mirrors don't like such large files sometimes.

Maybe I can host on my personal page (a University account I still have so shouldn't cost anything). PM if need be.

Hey,

Great to see you're making it available free.

Re: access. I can't get to mandarinteacher.com either, I'm in Beijing. When I try to get there through my proxy service I can get there, but only if I enable javascript.

Roddy

I will try to set up an aditional site for downloads. It might be due to the fact that i am using a DHCP IP for the mandarinteacher.com. I have ordered a regular Ip address but i can´t have it until the begining of april. This is due to equipment problems in our telestation. At that time i will also have a 30 times faster line than todays very slow one.

I have a few new features i a working on, word weight, word lenghts, etymology, stroke drawing etc. The one things most people seems ot enjoy is the annotation part. This one will be further developed when i find the time. Right now i am working on statistics on frequency usage of words/characters. My spider have read more than 500.000.000 articles by now and given me the frequency of the words.

Thanks mandarinboy, I really look forward to trying it out. It looks great from the screenshots I've seen. If you ever want help coding it, I would be glad to help, I'm very proficient in c, c++, c# and java. Also, if you want, I can mirror the install file on my site (www.dreamsyssoft.com), so that people can download it faster.

What I would like to see (and I already own your software -- purchased a while back) is a way to show me example sentences for selected words or phrases.

If your spider is storing all the chinese text you're scanning, then perhaps you could develop some tools to search the text, and provide both sentences, and context.

There will be that feature in a short while. I have been coding on that before but had to stop due to family resons. it will be possible to get sentences from the texts we are storing as well as add own sentences.

By the way, i am very sorry for all of youhave bought the software to find it is now free. This is a dilemma for me. No matter what i do it will be wrong. I simply decided to let it be free since i feel it is better to let users decided if it is useful for them or not. Hopefuly making it free will create more suggestions on improvements.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone find another place to host this? I have a copy of version 3.3.3 from a different site, but it won't allow me to make new flash card sets -- only to use the existing ones.

When I try, it tells me to register. I assume the version posted on mandarinteacher.com (which I can't access) has corrected this?

I've just started learning Chinese...really excited about fully using this program!

Cheers,

-SL

-

Chinese Homework Trainer 3.3.3

PUBLISHER'S DESCRIPTION

Study tools for anyone studying Chinese. Create or import your own study lists or use ours (comes with all HSK words and the 1600 most frequently used characters).

Includes a talking dictionary with more than 120.000 Chinese words, translations tools for Chinese web pages, print your study lists, and flash cards. You can easily manage your lists and copy words between them, update, and delete words. Many tests and study functions, features to view stroke order animations for many characters and radical part. Study lists can be imported or downloaded from our server, from where you can also download more stroke order animation. Version 3.3.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes

http://www.cnet.com.au/downloads/info.htm?swid=10415660

http://www.download.com/Chinese-Homework-Trainer/3000-2279_4-10362306.html

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/Chinese-Homework-Trainer/3000-2279_2-10415660.html

http://asia.cnet.com/downloads/pc/swinfo/0,39000587,38000502r-39126280s,00.htm

-