Chinese-Forums

TV episodes for download?

rockytriton

• 3 months later...

A bit off the topic, but here it goes

I am using a Mac, and I was able to download the eMuleVeryCDsetup.exe file but I am not able to open it. I tried to klick on it, tried to open it with stuffitexpander etc. but it doesn‘t work。I am no expert, and could need some help as to how to open and install eMule. I would appreciate any help I could get!

Btw:There are some files on verycd.com titled 鲁豫有约 (http://www.verycd.com/topics/225952/), I enjoy here talkshow more than most tv soaps, give it a try, and see yourself.

A hint that I can give you is that you have to click on the little icon at the top left of the server list, then it gets a list of servers and starts connecting. I don't use a Mac and I'm speaking from memory, but there is a little button you have to press for it to get a list of servers.

I don't know why it's like this, but it has stumped a Mac using friend before. Once you do this, it will work just like you expect it to.

Thank you very much, I have tried this, but it doesn't work. I think I have do some Port forwarding etc....

I will get this thing running, I am flying home in two weeks, and being able to download hundreds og movies is much better than buying the Dvds!

Hi,

amule is running now, the only problem is that the files from verycd.com do not show up or are beeing downloaded in amule.

I know how it is supposed to work, because when amule did not connect to other clients the files would just pop up automatically in the download window at amule(in red, but they would just not download)

Any tips or suggestions_

Thank you very much in advance

Copy the link from the browser (the ed2k:// link) and paste it into the aMule search window. It should start downloading then.

And if the file is red, that just means that nobody with this file is currently online. Just leave it on for a while, and someone will connect. Sometimes it takes a while to download a whole episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you can watch Chinese/Japanese/Korean dramas (with english subtitles) for free and without any registration.. :)

Each drama's series are divided into smaller parts which kind of sucks, but at least everything is in one place so you don't have to do any mega-search for the next part.. :mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

http://www.veoh.com/

has tons of complete Chinese dramas, many with English subs. You have to install the Veoh software in order to download. The site has full versions of the 1997 CCTV 水浒传 (all 43 episodes), the 1994 CCTV 三国演义 (all 84 episodes), and lots of 武侠 stuff. Quality is decent divx format (much better than crappy ultra-low-res RMVB at most Chinese sites). Check out the "Chinese Drama and Culture Group" and the "Chinese Wuxia Drama Group." A lot of the videos there originally came from D-Addicts, but Veoh downloads are much faster. Alternately, you can just watch each episode on-line (though quality is better if downloaded).

Thanks for the link to 黑豆. The videos seem to be of much better picture-quality than most of these Chinese video clip sites. Unfortunately, nothing there can be downloaded:

黑豆目前不开放下载功能,只能在线播放,希望你喜欢黑豆的高清视频体验。

Lots of these sites allow you to watch crappy low-res videos on your computer monitor. From Veoh.com, on the other hand, you can download an entire series in almost-DVD quality format and watch it on your TV. Right now my wife and I are half-way through watching the 41 episodes of 神雕侠侣 from Veoh on our 50" plasma TV and the quality is better than most the Chinese channels we get through the satellite.

Does anyone know of any other websites of similar quality with downloading capability? Also, any tricks for downloading the 黑豆 videos (e.g. can they be recovered from the browser cache)?

Here are all 31 episodes of 天下粮仓 in 720p high-definition:

http://www.verycd.com/topics/299637/

Takes a while to download through Emule -- each episode is 1.1GB -- but the picture quality is amazing, especially if you watch it on an HDTV. It's the only complete Chinese series I've been able to find in true high-def.

Anyone know where to download other Chinese TV episodes in 720p or 1080p HD format?

• 4 months later...

B-bump . . .

Curious as to what people are using to download Chinese TV shows these days. Specifically I'm looking for something where I can download shows, rather than watch online, as I want to put them onto a USB drive and watch them on my TV, and that will give me decent speeds.

To date I've mainly used Verycd and Emule for Chinese stuff, but I'm finding that I don't get the speeds I used to - it can take days to get a single episode of 子夜, but back in the day I could get 中国式离婚 just as fast as I could watch it. I've tried torrent sites instead, but those I've looked at have been a nightmare to navigate and don't even give decent speeds - currently getting 200Kb/s, surely there's got to be some way to get Chinese stuff faster. I'm in Beijing, after all.

What about Xunlei? I've seen people get good speeds on that, but I'm wary of installing (more) software if I can avoid it. Am I being over-cautious?