Chinese-Forums

good 3 star hotel in beijing PLEASE !!!!!!

xtenhome

Yue Xiu. Its within walking distance. Just outside you will find little street vendors selling yummy Beijing pancakes. You can look out your window and see an old Catholic cathedral.

Nice hotel. I will tell you something funny though. We were out of toilet paper. The bell hop brought us up a half a roll. We had quite a laugh!

And it is where?

I"m not sure if it's 3 star, but there's a decent hotel I know in quite a nice location, maybe a 20 minute walk from Qianmen.

Name is the Far East Hotel. There's a map on this page. Basically if you get to Dazhalan and walk down the street with all the shops, keep going, and bear left when you reach a fork, you'll reach it eventually. If you reach a main road, you've missed it.

If you are taking a taxi, or want to take a less direct, less crowded route, head south from Hepingli Subway and turn left onto Tieshu Xiejie - keep your eyes open though.

I only ever stayed at the attached youth hostel, but heard good things about the hotel, and it's in a decent location. At the very least it'll be good enough for one night while you sort things out. Good luck.

Roddy

I'd recommend the Home Inns chain. They are "no star" fixed price motel style (RMB200 to 300), but normally good standard. I've had really good experience in Shanghai, Ningbo and Xiamen. However Beijing QianMen was not so good, maybe because it's in an old building. There are a lot in Beijing though, so you could check out others.