Chinese-Forums

My trip to China end of July 2006, Questions and info..

Shadowdh

Hi there all,

Well its becoming a reality and I am totally excited... I have dates for my trip to China which will be from 28 Jul 06 to 26 Aug 06.. its only 4 weeks which is shorter than I would have liked (looking for at least 5) but something is better than nothing...

So far I have found out about visas and have looked at many, many, MANY posts here about schools and studying in China... so much info but leads to so many questions...

Visas...

I am going to study but its on a short course... the Chinese Embassy website in the UK mentions an F visa for study stays shorter than 6months and an X visa if youre studying longer... but then it also contradicts this by saying a student will need an X visa and doesnt mention the F visa... so which one will I need...??

Also I am looking at getting a multientry visa over at least 2 years (more if they do go up to 5 like they say on the site) as I plan on visiting as many times as possible while studying at uni... (and as many times as I can get away with it via the wife and kids)...

As for timing, the summer ie End of July through to the end of August is the ONLY time I can make it and I ONLY have 4 weeks... I have been looking at many schools and institutions that offer short courses for the 4 weeks I am there... some were ridiculously expensive and I discounted them pretty much immediately... I have a short list and its in the order I would prefer to attend... its as follows...

Schools

BNU - Now this it seems may be a long shot at best as I understand from other posts that they do not accept short term individual students in the summer... I will send them an email/fax/letter asking just in case though...

BLCU, The Bridge school - these two are the MOST likely, I like the look of both of them and they run courses that suit my needs and are not too expensive...

Global Village/Wudaokou/ - this is another possibility, and will also involve my alternative plan, that is turning up and just enrolling/finding something when I get there...

BFSU (if I can find their link to ask about courses) - an interesting possibility but will have to find more infor about them...

AFLS – Academy of Foreign Language Study/Global Exchange Center - both look ok and are actually high possibilities...

CNU - again still need to find out some things but looking ok...

Tsinghua is a possibility but couldn’t find much info at least in English and my Chinese is not that good yet…

WLS – Worldwide Language Study - which is in Shanghai and Shanghai may be a possibility for me to go to instead of Beijing...

Thats what I have found so far, if anyone can make comments on any of the schools it would be much appreciated (many of the posts I read were 2-3 years old so some recent experiences would be appreciated...)

Also what else do I need to think of...??

Cheers all