Chinese-Forums

Viewing Characters on a PPC...

Shadowdh

Hi there all...

I have just about got everything up and running on the new ppc and I have been using plecodict (which rocks more than I thought possible) and I can see the chinese characters fine there, I have downloaded a couple of programs/fonts and put them on the ppc (like roschinese in another post) but when I log onto Chinese-forums the characters come up in little squares... any suggestions for an IT illiterate.. (thats me just incase)...

Thanks all

Hi Roddy, to be honest I havent tried other websites yet (this is my home for Chinese related info really) but will do tomorrow after my exam... (that knocking sound you hear is my knees...) I will let you know in about 18 hours... cheers mate...

Hi there,

Bit of an update, its also just showing squares for some excel files that have chinese characters... I did install some fonts on there but cant find them... (but thats not saying much as I really am pretty crap with new toys...) still I will learn, will load them again tonight and see if that works...

ROSChinese will not render Chinese filenames properly, you will see garbage characters/squares instead of Chinese chars.

For a complete solution (everything working seamlessly), you have to invest in something

like Monster Chinese. For your case, since you are primarily using it for Plecodict (which

I gather has Chinese input) the incremental value from this may not justify the extra $40.

Hi there, ok I resolved the issue with excel... I found out that you had to also install the msgoth fonts... so that now shows chinese characters with no prob... but word doesnt (yet... still working on it) and I forgot to try the net (and this site) when I was at Uni today... I will have to do that monday now... brains werent working properly sorry...