Chinese-Forums

Booking of accomadation - BLCU confernce /Xi Jiao

JamesGoff

HI all

I am coming back to Beijing mid-june and i have a couple of questions...

How do i go about booking a room at the BLCU confernce centre? ( i looked on there website but i couldnt find an email .. do i have to phone???

In addition i am staying for 3 months what are peoples opinion on living should i book initially ofr BLCU conference centre or xi jiao for a week and then try and find an apartment or hostel ( as staying in xi jiao for 3 months will be quite expencive)

as i do want to be quite flexable as my course stops on august 20th and i might wana do a bit of travelling too ???

thankyou for your help

Yes you have to phone, and it can be quite difficult!! They will invariably say they don't have room even if this is not the case be persistent.

If you stay the conference Center Hotel make sure you add in your Internet costs. If you are a heavy downloader like me you could easily end up paying a whole lot of money. I can't remember the cost I think it might might be half kuai per MB. It seems very small but it will add up very quickly especially if you use Skype like I do or download a lot. (For example if you have to reboot your computer and have to re-download your programs they could easily cost you $50)

You can also stay at the Foreign Student Activity Center which is about 10 minutes away from BLCU and has a shuttle service back and forth. The price for long-term stay there is only 65 kuai/night.

Apartments are always an option but it's such a hassle and many of them want a contract.

thanks for your reply .

I was interested in the Students activities centre , but i had their website (( http://www.qmhjzx.com/index.htm )) but it seems to now be taken offline. i thought they must have stopped trading.

Do you know for sure this place is still there? or do you have a way of contacting them? (emial prefered)

Cheers mate

I was interested in the Students activities centre , but i had their website (( http://www.qmhjzx.com/index.htm )) but it seems to now be taken offline. i thought they must have stopped trading.

They def. are still here.

email: postmaster at qmhjzx.com

phone 8610-51971888 or 62399884

only 1 person speaks any semblance of English (thanks to me!:mrgreen: Ok I'm bragging a little, she works hard--I love helping her although she borrows my books for weeks at a time.)