Chinese-Forums

beijing university of technology

terryswift

Is the full name of that school Beijing University of Technology and Business? I may be thinking of another school, but if not, it was formed recently from the merging of 3 separate colleges. They probably have the usual offerings of Mandarin classes, but I don't know anything else about them.

Another option is Tsinghua Academy of Arts (清华美术学院) which is just across the street from GuoMao. Couple years ago it was still known as the Central Academy of Arts or something.

I studied 4-months there last term and it was really good. Staff and teachers are quite casual, so if you find your level too easy you're free to jump up to another class. The only downfall is there aren't many students (around 70 in total), so there are only 4 distinct levels. Demographics of the students are a mix of young 20's and quite a few 30/40 y/o wives whose husbands work during the day.

The contact number for the office is 6561-1350 and Marina who works in the office can help you as her english is decent.

Btw, this school seems to be popular as there it is NEVER too late to register. Some schools block registration in December for the Spring term, but at this school you can register even if classes already started so no sweat about deadlines.