Chinese-Forums

Narnia

skylee

Not sure why I am posting (probably because I am drunk) besides nostalgia ... but does anyone else love these stories? I read them when I was a kid and I loved them. Frankly I don't think I remember them clearly now, but knowing that there is a movie on these stories still excites me.

I remember a few years ago when I had to do a presentation at a Mandarin class, I chose to talk about my favourite book and I chose C S Lewis' stories on Narnia (I now think that it was a strange choice as I could have chosen JinYong's books ... :-? ).

Anyways this is the trailer -> http://www.cinema.com.hk/broadcast/trailer/The%20Chronicles%20Of%20Narnia-1.wmv

And in the books I read as a kid, Narnia was 那裏亞 ...

When I was 7 or 8 my dad read the whole series, all 6 books to me, aloud. It must have taken a year. I loved it, especially The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (my favorite of the series), The Silver Chair, and The Horse and His Boy. I had trouble visualizing The Last Battle, or maybe I had just lost interest by then. Looking forward to seeing the movie.

I don´t plan on tackling the books in Chinese, though!

I remember reading those books as a kid and liking them but that movie sucked.

I also watched Top Gun the other day remembering that when I was 10 I thought it was wicked. But it actually kind of sucked and Maverik was a dork, way too dorky to ever get that hot instructor of his.