Chinese-Forums

Please help me to correct my translation

daydreamer

I am helping somebody to translate a paper. It is my first time to translate. It is not easy,especially for such a difficult one. One part is even too hard for me to understand. I tried, and would like to show here, please help me to correct. Thank you.

(I did bad, and can't do better, cause even myself cannot understand...:wall )

Murdock’s Seven Facets

One of the most extensive models for the analysis of culture is that of George Murdock who bases his classification on the assumption that any one element of culture may have seven facets upon which to be classified. These seven facets are: (1).a patterned activity, that is, ”A customary norm of motor, verbal or implicit (covert or ideational) behavior; (2)the appropriateness of such an activity under certain circumstances such as time or place;(3)the particular subject of the behavior; (4)the object toward which the behavior is directed; (5)some means external to both the subject and the object of the behavior; (6) the purpose of the activity; and (7) the result of the activity. The resulting outline for examining a culture has a total of 888 categories (Murdock et al.1971).

Murdock的七个平面理论

关于文化解析最广泛的范例之一是由George Murdock提来出的:他提出文化的任何一方面因素都可以被分成七个平面这样一个设想,他的分类正是基于这一设想的。这七个平面分别是:(1)一定模式的活动;即“completely don't understand...”。(2)在一定环境下(时间、地点等)的适当活动;(3)行为的特定对象;(4)被引导行为的主体;(5)行为主体与对象的外部途径;(6)行为的目的;(7)活动的结果。检测一种文化所得的大纲总共有888个种类(Murdock et al.1971)。

Hello daydreamer,

這是我的拙譯, 供你參考.

我覺得第五點提供的線索不甚清楚, 若有延伸, 可能較能切入主題, 翻得會更貼切.

Murdock的七 個層面理论

关于文化分析最為广泛應用的范例之一是由George Murdock提来出的:他認為(假定)文化的任何一個元素或可類分為七个層面。这七个層面分别是:(1)既有模式的活动;亦即“社會常規的原動力,語言行為,不言自明的行為, 或受觀念影饗的行為”。(2)在特定环境下(例如时间、地点等)此活動的適切性;(3)行为的特定主體;(4)此行為指涉的對象(客體);(5)無關主体与客體本身所存在的ㄧ些方法(6)活動的目的;(7)活动的结果。检試某一文化所得的大纲总共有888个种类(Murdock et al.1971)。

Hope it helps!:)

You're most welcome! I feel being flattered. If there was more information about the paragraph, it would be easier for meto translate it into a language that sounds familiar to you. Glad to be of help.

:)